Thursday, September 11, 2008

Kensington Gardens: Lines

While Kensington Garden for some is just a place of relaxation or athleticism for me it was a place filled with lines. I know what you are thinking "why are there lines of people forming in the park?" but that is not what I am referring to. What I am referring to is the linear design that seemed to be everywhere in the park from the height of the statues and the trees to the patterns of the grass and the pathways. The linear design of the park caused me to reflect on the structure that seemed to be placed on even the most informal of places, a park, but then I considered the historical function of the park, as the private park of Kensington Palace, and the more structured design was understood. Kensington Garden used to be solely for the use of the royal family but since the late 18th century they have been open to the public for our enjoyment.




Linear grass designs.



A side house to the palace.






Swan Lake.



Just a walk in the park.



Prince Albert in the heavens.



The trees just keep growing and growing...


British red coat.



All the ducks in a row.

No comments: